Tanjore paintings depict mainly scenes from the ancient scriptures of the Hindu religion and are one of the most famous styles of paintings from south India. These paintings are unique due to the harmony of colours, the design, and the traditional techniques used with meticulous attention to detail. You can buy this type of painting is lots of deities like shiva Ji, Krishna Ji, GaneshJi Tanjore painting
History of Tanjore paintings
Tanjore got its name from the capital of the Chola empire which was Thanjavur, with one of the beautiful temples of Lord Shiva-Brigadeeswara temple. This art form was developed with the tradition of the Maratha monarchs in the eighteenth century. This type of craft is renowned for its decorative relief work that thrived with the custom of the kings. The methodology of making a Ganesh Ji Tanjore painting needs committed skilled labour.
Method of making Ganesh Ji Tanjore paintings
There are many phases during the making of these paintings.
- The canvas is usually a plank of teak wood over which a layer of cloth is pasted, and applied on top to soften the board.
- The surface is made clean and smooth by rubbing it with a soft emery paper.
- The artist draws an elaborate sketch on the board. Semi-precious stones of different colours are used to decorate the painting. In earlier days, diamonds, rubies, and other precious stones were used.
- To develop a three-dimensional embossed effect, layers of paste prepared from the glue and limestone are applied.
- After taking out the precise relief work, wafer-like sheets of 22-carat gold are pasted on top.
- Bright colours are used to fill up the remaining areas, then the main figures in the picture are large and the other figures may not be relative.
Involvement of latest techniques
New techniques have been invented by skilled artisans to keep this form of art alive. Chalk powder and modern synthetic pasting material have substituted traditional materials. Modern-day artists use chemical paints instead of vegetable dyes for colours and shades, but still, immense care is exercised in adhering to tradition while depicting the pictures.
Uses of Ganesh Ji Tanjore painting
People prefer buying Ganesh Ji Tanjore paintings because these can be used in different locations for different purposes just as
- Temples or home worshipping
- Home decoration purposes
- Office decorations
- Business gift
- Lobby areas placement for positivity
- Diwali or festival gifts
Maintaining Your Ganesh Ji Tanjore Painting
The materials used in our paintings are of exclusive quality and hence they can be kept in upright condition for generations, with very little care. A gentle wiping and dusting are all that is needed to keep the piece as attractive as a new one.
Where can you get highly artistic Ganesh Ji Tanjore painting?
You can now easily get them online. Some suppliers provide all types of paintings. There are benefits of buying from them.
- A wider range of paintings
- Higher quality manufacturing
- Transparent business dealings
- Bulk order supply
- Affordable pricing
- Creative designing with customisation
All of their personalized painting is designed to make sure for a satisfied client experience from beginning to end.